Call For Speakers
Call For Speakers
SUBMISSIONS DEADLINE: 2 February 2012
Information Today invites proposals for speakers at the second Enterprise Search Europe conference, to be held at the Hilton Olympia, London, on 30 & 31 May 2012.
Enterprise Search Europe is a unique conference offering a European perspective on the technology, selection, implementation and optimisation of enterprise-scale search applications. The first Enterprise Search Europe conference took place in 2011 and was very highly praised by attendees. The event is brought to you by Information Today – organisers of the successful Enterprise Summit Series in the US.
Europe has a strong and innovative enterprise search business, companies with a business-critical need for high-performance search and world-class information retrieval research centres. The objectives of this conference are to:
- Provide a forum for the exchange of good practice in specification, selection and implementation of enterprise search
- Bring together the enterprise search and information retrieval communities to discuss how new search technologies can be of potential value to enterprise applications
- Build networks between enterprise search managers, implementors, researchers and IT managers
The conference will take a broad view of enterprise search, including not only stand-alone enterprise search applications but also embedded search applications (for example in case management systems), e-discovery applications and the implementation of search for corporate web sites.
Enterprise Search Europe 2012 will combine plenary and panel sessions, technical and implementation tracks and networking opportunities, with a strong emphasis on case studies from corporate, public sector and not-forprofit organisations. The emphasis of the conference will be on sharing practical experience in enterprise search implementation.
We are interested in receiving proposals on the following themes and topics:
- Benchmarking search effectiveness
- Enhancing the search experience through interface design
- Federated search
- Implementation case studies
- Implementing search in SharePoint 2010
- Making a business case for enterprise search investment
- Mobile search implementation
- Open source search application development
- Search analytics
- Search team support and training
- Search-based applications
- Searching big data and open data repositories
- Social search
- The convergence of search and business intelligence
- The use of taxonomies to improve search performance
- Usability metrics for enterprise search
- Vertical industry search solutions (e.g. legal, pharmaceutical, patents)
This year we are especially interested in surveys that have been carried out on trends in the enterprise search market in Europe, and also surveys that have been conducted within organisations on employee search satisfaction.
If you would like to be considered as a speaker, please submit your ideas here.
We would especially encourage speakers to demonstrate their search application during the course of their presentation.
The advisory committee will review all submissions. Notification regarding acceptance will be made during March 2012. If your proposal is selected, the primary speaker will receive a free registration to the full conference, which includes lunches and a reception.
The advisory committee will review all submissions. Notification regarding acceptance will be made at the end of March 2012. If your proposal is selected, the primary speaker will receive a free registration to the full conference, which includes lunches and a reception.
Conference Chair, Enterprise Search Europe
Managing Director, Intranet Focus Ltd and Visiting Professor, iSchool, University of Sheffield
Please note that the expenses of attending Enterprise Search Europe (including travel, accommodation, and any other expenses) will be the responsibility of the presenter. By submitting your proposal, you acknowledge that you accept this monetary responsibility.
Click Here to submit your proposal today.